You’ll find us on Castle Hill, at the corner of Castle Street and Northampton Street. We’re just five minutes walk from the centre of Cambridge.
Our address is: 2-3 Castle Street, Cambridge, CB3 0AQ
We are operating on our extended opening schedule:
- Monday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Tuesday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Wednesday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Thursday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Friday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Saturday: 10:30am – 5:00pm (last admissions at 4:30pm)
- Sunday: 11:30 – 4:30pm (last admissions at 4:00pm)
- August Bank Holiday Monday: 11:30 – 4:30pm (last admissions at 4:00pm)
- Adult Pass: £6.00
- Concession Pass: £4.00
- Child aged 12 and under: free, when accompanied by an adult
A pass allows unlimited visits for 12 months from the date of issue, and all proceeds go towards running our Museum. If you provide Gift Aid information at time of purchase we can also claim an additional 25% from the UK Government.
If you would like a private guided tour for a group or school, please contact us for more information. We will be happy to discuss your visit and provide activities that can be tailored to the needs and interests of your group.
Like our Museum, our shop is themed around Cambridge and Cambridgeshire. We stock locally-made gifts and jewellery as well as a wide range of toys, books and souvenirs.
Our Made in Cambridge range includes hand-crafted items such as Boxworth Botanicals‘ range of plant-based skin care products, Hurdy Gurdy‘s glass sculptures, Qhere‘s up-cycled accessories, Frankie and the Sewing Machine‘s lavender pouches and hair bows, The Candle Company Cambridge‘s hand-poured, soy-based scented candles and MPJ Glass‘ coasters, jewellery and decorations.
You can now enjoy delicious hot and cold drinks and snacks right here at our lovely museum. We’ve got spaces to sit inside and out, so rain or shine your visit to the Museum will be just that little bit tastier.
Families in all their forms are welcome at the Museum of Cambridge. We have a play area in our Playroom with some toys and games for children to handle. We have a lift to the first and second floors for buggies, as well as baby change facilities in our accessible toilet. There is plenty of space outside in our courtyard to sit and enjoy the sunshine if the weather is fine, and a small seating area inside too.