|LOCATION:||Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom|
|JOB TYPE:||Part-time, 221/2 hours per week. 12-month fixed-term contract|
|SALARY:||£18,524 per annum|
|CLOSING DATE:||5:00pm BST, Monday 4 June 2018|
|INTERVIEWS:||Week of 18 June 2018 (to be confirmed)|
Join us as we explore the ways that people remember old traditions and reinvent them for modern times, along with the influence that folklore has upon the way we live today.
We are looking for an organised and creative individual to coordinate partnership working and a range of participatory activities with our communities. The programme will engage our target audiences and build upon existing relationships with our peers in the very active museum and heritage sector in and around Cambridge. The role will support the development of training and resources for staff, volunteers and communities to build confidence and deepen understanding of our collections and local traditions. The role will plan and oversee the delivery of the Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund funded Tracing Traditions project activity plan and report to Museum of Cambridge Board of Trustees.
- Work with the Museum of Cambridge Board of Trustees and the Tracing Traditions Project Assistant to deliver Tracing Traditions Project activity plan;
- Develop and coordinate a programme of activities that work with collections to explore local traditions, working with community collaborators and partner museums;
- Work with the Board of Trustees and the Tracing Traditions Project Assistant to promote the activities and outputs of Tracing Traditions;
- Work with Board of Trustees to coordinate staff and volunteer training to support the Tracing Traditions activity plan;
- Manage the creation of physical and digital resources to support learning for schools and communities and ensure a lasting legacy for Tracing Traditions;
- Coordinate the collection and collation of evaluation data from all related activities and produce regular progress reports for the Board of Trustees;
- Reporting to our Treasurer, oversee the day to day management of the project budget;
The role is for a fixed term of 12 months and is subject to a three-month probationary period. It includes membership of a workplace pension scheme.
We are committed to the highest standards of employment practice, including equal opportunities for our workforce, volunteers and all sections of the community. If you would like to further information or an informal discussion about the post please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org