Mini Museums are back for Summer 2023!
Visitors often come to the Museum of Cambridge to find out about people’s lives in Cambridgeshire in the past.
But what about the lives of the people of Cambridgeshire now?
Take part in our exciting project – to build an exhibition together about what you love most about Cambridgeshire today: its people, its places and its stories.
Now imagine everyone in Cambridgeshire doing exactly the same thing, making their exhibits and sharing their love of Cambridgeshire around? Are you up for the challenge?
How Can I Get Involved?
Book onto a workshop
You can get started for FREE by signing up for a family-friendly workshop this summer. You’ll get the chance to explore the Museum of Cambridge’s collection as well as make your very own Mini Museum for display.
- Monday 24th July – 10:00am.
- Monday 24th July – 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday 25th July – 10:00 am.
- Monday 7th August – 10:00 am.
- Monday 7th August – 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday 8th August – 10:00 am.
- Monday 21st August – 10:00 am.
- Monday 21st August – 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday 22nd August – 10:00 am.
Loan your Mini Museum for our upcoming exhibition
If you took part in the Mini Museum project back in January and February 2023 – we need your help.
We are creating an onsite exhibition of the Mini Museums to go on display throughout the summer of 2023.
We’d love for you to loan us your Mini Museum for display, and your creation will become part of the exhibition. Don’t worry – you’ll get it back at the end, we promise.
You can drop off your Mini Museum at the Museum of Cambridge on the following dates:
- Saturday 29th July, 10am-5pm.
- Monday 31st July, 10am-5pm.
If you’ll struggle to get your Mini Museum to us on those dates, just drop our Collections Officer Beau a line, and they will arrange an alternative option: email@example.com.
Donate to support our Mini Museums Fund
We want to run the Mini Museum project all year round, but we can’t do that without your support.
Our ambition is to ensure that Mini Museums can be a year-round initiative, serving as a powerful tool for self-expression, community engagement, and reflection on the essence of being a Cambridgeshire resident. That’s why we need your assistance to sustain and strengthen the Mini Museums program in a way that is both resilient and sustainable.
You can support us by making a donation to our Mini Museums Fund.
- £15 will create a Mini Museum kit to be posted directly to the home of a Cambridgeshire resident.
- £650 will deliver a Mini Museums workshop for a school, youth or community group in Cambridgeshire.
- £5,000 will support us to run a series of pop-up workshops across the region for schools, community groups and families.
Submit your Mini Museum to our online gallery
If you’d rather hang on to your Mini Museum at home, why not take a photo and contribute to our digital gallery instead?
Don’t forget to send a picture to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the button below to see the online exhibition of everyone’s work!